- lugubrious (adj.)- sounding or looking sad and dismal, lug-oo-bree-us. Maybe Eeyore wouldn't be so lugubrious if he got a better architect for his house.
- kerfuffle (n.)- a commotion or fuss, esp. one caused by conflicting views. This budget problem in Wisconsin is causing quite a kerfuffle. I guess there wasn't enough cheese to go around.
- aplomb (n.)- self-confidence or assurance, esp. when in a demanding situation. Harry snagged the golden snitch with aplomb.
- corpulent (adj.)- fat. I know an acting warm-up that contains the line "four corpulent porpoises," but who wants to think about fat dolphins?
- blasé (adj.)-unimpressed or indifferent to something because one has experienced or seen it so often before. Hipsters are blasé about everything.
- brouhaha (n.)- a noisy and overexcited critical response, display of interest, or trail of publicity. What's all this brouhaha about the Justin Bieber movie? Oh, never mind. It's just among pre-teens. Or at least it should be.
- rutabaga (n.)- a large, round, yellow-fleshed root that is eaten as a vegetable. Drop the Twinkie you corpulent slob; have a rutabaga.
- *pamplemousse- yeah, yeah it's French for grapefruit, and it shouldn't count, but it is so fun to say!
All definitions taken from the New Oxford American Dictionary.